Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you often tired or lethargic?
- Do you regularly suffer from bloating, diarrhoea, constipation or other digestive disturbances?
- Do you get recurrent headaches?
- Do you regularly suffer from muscle aches and pains?
- Does poor short-term memory and concentration affect your ability to function at work?
- Do you have allergies or sensitivities?
- Do you suffer from depression, anxiety and/or mood swings?
If you answered “Yes” to one or more of these questions, your body may be overburdened by toxicity … Read on!
Toxicity – A Modern Epidemic
The modern world is full of many man-made chemicals and it seems that we are not only what we eat, but also what we drink, breathe and touch. Even before you step outside the house in the morning, you are potentially being exposed to a myriad of toxins. Eating breakfast, washing the dishes, applying cosmetics and perfumes, and even having a glass of unfiltered water, can potentially increase your exposure to harmful compounds which may compromise your health and vitality. The good news is that your body has an amazing ability to eliminate these toxins through its inbuilt detoxification systems. However, your body can become overwhelmed with accumulated toxins over time. If you haven’t been feeling quite right or you answered yes to any of the above questions, then perhaps you should consider a healthy step-by-step detoxification program to give you back your bounce!
You Are What You Eat
Today’s poor dietary and lifestyle habits coupled with the ever-increasing use of pharmaceutical drugs are major contributors to toxicity. In fact, the majority of our exposure to toxins comes from the inappropriate dietary choices we make. To start making healthier dietary choices and become less toxic today, just follow these simple tips:
• Eat plenty of fresh seasonal vegetables and fruit. If you can, buy organic. If not, be sure to wash them well.
• Drink 2-3 litres of filtered water per day and avoid alcohol, caffeinated beverages, soft drinks, excess dairy, and commercial fruit drinks/juices.
• Avoid overly processed and refined snacks such as chocolate, bakery products, chips and lollies. Ask us today about more dietary tips that can reduce your toxic load and increase your vitality!
Safe and Effective Detoxification
Detoxification within our bodies is a complex process that requires several steps to be completed effectively. As well as removing the toxic load in the diet and environment, the following steps are essential in a good “detox”.
Step 1 – Antimicrobial herbs such as Black Walnut and Chinese Wormwood are used to aid the removal of harmful organisms from the gastrointestinal tract. These harmful organisms produce toxic chemicals and can damage gut integrity.
Step 2 – Probiotics or beneficial bacteria then help to create a healthier environment in the gastrointestinal system. Probiotics also produce natural antimicrobial substances which prevent the growth of harmful organisms. Glutamine and other nutrients are also used to help to renew and repair the gut lining. A healthy gut stops ingested toxins from passing into the bloodstream and causing further damage in the body.
Step 3 – Once the gut is healthier, the final stage of detoxification is designed to enhance the body’s waste removal system ie the liver, gall bladder and kidneys. The focus is also on increasing the release of toxins stored in the body. Using a safe and effective step-by-step detoxification program can help to revitalize your health and wellbeing – so what are you waiting for? Make an appointment today so you can get on the path to a cleaner, healthier lifestyle.