Fed up with PMS symptoms? Well try the following – it's sure to help!
1. Keep hydrated – drink more water! Limit caffeine & alcohol as they can increase breast soreness and irritability.
2. Move – at least 20 minutes of daily exercise helps alleviate symptoms, increases energy and reduces stress.
3. Reduce sugar, fat and salt -These promote water retention, increasing irritability and worsening symptoms. Eat more fruit and nuts to soothe salt and sugar cravings.
4. Chill out – Get ample sleep, use relaxing baths, play soothing music and try not to make any major decisions during PMS days.
5. Eat complex carbohydrates that are high in fibre.
6. Eat up to 6 small meals a day instead of 3 large ones to help regulate blood sugar levels for longer lasting energy and reduced cravings.
If you still experience PMS symptoms after following these points, call us at Avedissian Natural Health and we can help you with herbal medicine, nutritional supplements or homoeopathy.